Mr Rhett Emery, NSSP Coordinator, New Zealand Search and Rescue Council
New Zealand Search and Rescue (NZSAR) provides national strategic governance and leadership to New Zealand search and rescue. Rhett is part of the NZSAR Secretariat which provides strategic coordination for SAR in New Zealand through:
- maintaining NZSAR’s key documentation
- sustaining strong domestic and international SAR linkages
- monitoring New Zealand’s domestic and international SAR obligations
- responding to SAR issues as they arise
- providing relevant advice.
While the Secretariat does not have an operational SAR role, we help improve the overall co-ordination, cohesion, capability and leadership of search and rescue by working alongside the key organisations and individuals providing search and rescue services throughout New Zealand.