The 2017 Australian and New Zealand Search and Rescue Conference will be held on the 24th May at Jupiters Hotel on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
The conference directly follows the 2017 Australian and New Zealand Disaster and Emergency Management Conference, being held at the same venue in the two days prior, to provide an additional feature day to the three day program specifically focusing on the SAR sector.
Providing a unique opportunity to meet and network with a diverse range of skilled practitioners across the disciplines of air, land and sea, ANZSAR brings together both the volunteer and professional search and rescue communities from Australia and New Zealand.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers for 2017 include:
- Mr Rhett Emery, NSSP Coordinator, New Zealand Search and Rescue Council
New Zealand Search and Rescue (NZSAR) provides national strategic governance and leadership to New Zealand search and rescue.
- Mr Rich Hungerford, Director/Senior Instructor, Bush Lore Australia
Rich Hungerford is a former Australian SAS soldier who now teaches survival, tracking and bushcraft skills at his Bush Lore Australia Survival School in Queensland, Australia.
- Assistant Commissioner Rob McNeil, Assistant Commissioner Regional Operations, Fire & Rescue NSW Assistant Commissioner Rob McNeil has been a member of Fire and Rescue NSW for 33 years and in the position of Assistant Commissioner Regional Operations leads the management of three Regional Area Commands consisting of 9 Zone Commands with 164 fire stations, 300 Permanent firefighters and 2,213 On Call firefighters.
- Associate Professor Benjamin Brooks, Research Fellow, National Centre for Ports and Shipping at the University of Tasmania Associate Professor Benjamin Brooks is a Research Fellow in the National Centre for Ports and Shipping at the University of Tasmania. Ben has 20 years of experience as a trainer/educator, researcher and consultant.
- Professor Jonathan Roberts, Professor in Robotics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Science and Engineering Faculty, Queensland University of Technology Jonathan is Professor in Robotics at Queensland University of Technology (QUT). His main research interests are in the areas of Field Robotics and in particular autonomy. He has also recently begun research in the area of Medical Robotics.
- Mr Henry van Tuel, President, Coastguard New Zealand
Henry is the current Royal New Zealand Coastguard Federation President. He is also an active Coastguard volunteer with Coastguard Hawke’s Bay where he is a rescue vessel master and Coastguard instructor. Henry has also been involved in the recent review of the Coastguard Rescue Vessel Crew Training Syllabus.
We’re looking forward to another successful event in 2017 and we hope to see you there. If you would like further information on the 2017 Australian and New Zealand Search and Rescue Conference or to secure your spot today, please visit www.sar.anzdmc.com.au
Tags: 2017 Australian and New Zealand Search and Rescue Conference