Now in its 4th consecutive year, the 2018 Australian & New Zealand Search and Rescue Conference will this year be held on Wednesday 23rd May 2018
This one day event aligns alongside the Australian & New Zealand Disaster and Emergency Management Conference on Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd May. With an emphasis on discussion, debate and ideas exchange, the Program will include presentations from specialist feature speakers and session speakers on a range of topics and issues impacting the sector.
‘Resilience in Search and Rescue’ is the theme of this year’s conference. Resilience is critical for the SAR industry. Individually, it provides the basis for effective support, tools and strategies that assist in maintaining the personal wellbeing and mental health of SAR responders. At the community level, building resilience can better prepare those venturing into remote areas and strengthen relationships with emergency services. Organisationally, it enhances the ability to anticipate, prepare, and adapt to changing environments.
Featured Speakers 2018 Include:
- Superintendent Cameron Edgar, Zone Manager, NSW Ambulance Rescue Helicopters, SCAT Helicopter Paramedic PSO, Health Emergency and Aeromedical Services
- Mr Dave Greenberg, Emergency Management Consultant
- Senior Sergeant Jim Whitehead, Queensland State Search & Rescue Coordinator & Training Officer, Queensland Police Service
- Mr Paul Carlyon, Board Member & Clinical Psychologist, New Zealand Surf Lifesaving Board
- Mr Mark Hutchings, Commander, Marine Area Command, NSW Police
Discounts are available to groups and those attending both the 2018 Australian & New Zealand Search and Rescue Conference and the 2018 Australian and New Zealand Disaster and Emergency Management Conference, which will run consecutively at the same venue.
We’re looking forward to another successful event in 2018 and we hope to see you there. If you would like further information on the 2018 Australian & New Zealand Search and Rescue Conference please visit www.sar.anzdmc.com.au
Tags: 2018 Australian & New Zealand Search and Rescue Conference